Friday, February 27, 2009

Secret 8: Selecting Empowering Partnerships & Alliances

Although I have not been able to travel this journey with you all this time, I have been following some of your journeys. I felt compelled to write this morning as I am one of the hardest journey's of my own. My father has been ill and has been in hospital now for about two weeks. I have been going to see him to help him eat, etc. before work when he wakes and after work until he goes to sleep.

What I have found in this experience is that empowering partnerships and alliances sometimes develop without our intent. In my father's room is another older gentleman and staying with him is his daughter. We have formed a bond that I didn't expect and am quite grateful for. She has become my rock in dealing with my father. She has given me strength, hope and courage. And although this is not a creative alliance, for now, this is what I need.

I hope to rejoin you on your creative journey through the 12 Secrets, but right now I am on a different path.

Peace and love to everyone and thank you to Jamie creating such a great forum for meeting of like souls.

10 comments:

D said...

I love how you say that we don't always choose our partners, sometimes they just happen to us and we are so grateful. My heart is with you on this journey.

Genie Sea said...

Hugs sweetheart. I know this is a very challenging time indeed, as I have gone through it. I am glad that you have found comfort and alliance with someone going through the same trials.

In a way, it is a creative alliance, because together you are creating a bridge to take all of you safely and with love through the next stage of life.

Strength to you my friend. I send you prayers. Hugs.

Bohemian Single Mom said...

Creativity is all about freedom and sharing what you can, when you can.
It must be so difficult with your dad being sick. Forming a bond with his roommate's daughter is a gift sent by the universe to help you and give you further strength.
Great post!

Sending you peaceful thoughts and strength and healing for your dad.

Cynthia said...

You have left me with a beautiful story. I hope your father can mend soon. I know that finding an unexpected friend, during these times that we stretch our emotional rubber band, is what I think of as Grace-- and I think anyone that helps us on our journey of the human condition is creative.

Wising you peace and light.

titania said...

I unders5tand - wishing you a gentle journey with your father and blessings your way Titania

Snap said...

Everyone's journey is different. Right now you are where you need to be with the alliances that you need. Your day will come! Meanwhile, peace and blessings to you.

Caroline said...

I feel for you and although I cannot know what you are going through I helped nurse my father in the last 6 months of his life.

I'm glad you have found an ally.

Lissa said...

I am sending both you and your father healing hugs. Please know that you will be in my thoughts.

Cindy said...

You will be in my thoughts. I know that this is a challenging and difficult time for you, as I did something similar three years ago. I tended my father during his last days. You don't say how ill your father is; I hope healing is possible for him. If not, I wish both of you peace, strength and courage.

etherealgraphics said...

I wish you peace and serenity. When souls show up in our lives like your new 'rock', there is always a reason . . .