Saturday, February 9, 2008

Ride to Conquer Cancer

I'm up 0.2 lbs this week, but that's OK because I was down alot last week, this is probably just a correction.

I'm thinking of riding in the "Ride for the Cure" this coming summer. It's a 200 km ride from Toronto to Niagara Falls at the end of June. It would be in honour of my mother, as well as my husband's brother and his dads. I've signed up for an Orientation session on February 25th. The thing that worries me is the amount of money you're supposed to raise is huge...but I guess they teach you how to do that. I had already decided I would throw myself a 50th b-day party-fundraiser with the intention to donate to the Cancer Society....so I would use it for the ride instead.

The ride is over two days and we camp in Hamilton. I've never camped before and that might be a good experience (well, it'll be an experience...I don't know if it'll be good...I wouldn't describe myself as a camper). I mentionned it to my daughter and my youngest son and they're thinking about it. I'm to talk to my other son, his girlfriend and my husband later today.

Hmmm....I'm feeling excited about this!

http://www.conquercancer.ca/

No comments: