Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Wednesday May 13, 2009

This past week, I turned 51!! Wow...and I'm still smiling (mostly). When I turned 50 I made a promise to myself to do the things I've always wanted to do and the last thing I was able to squeak into my 50th year, was the start my Fine Art Certificate at a local college!! So, my dream of studying art is finally rolling and I'm really happy about it. As far as celebration, didn't do too much of that as my father is still in hospital and I spent the evening with him. But, my youngest son DID pass all his courses of his second semester in university - after a rough start in first semester. My nephew dropped by and shared with us he got accepted into the university programs he applied to - after a really rough finish to high school, with our support, he was able to pull himself together and finish high school. He came over because he wanted to share the joy with the people that helped him and it was significant that he got the acceptances on my birthday. Not typical gifts by any description, but made me extremely happy nevertheless!

I'm still working on my weight...have been having a rough go of it. Was doing really well, got down to 155, but am back up to 162. My other blog was meant to follow my weight management quest, but I've sort of abandoned everything and am now trying to get back to writing - it's very theraputic for me, a really good release. I'm so thrilled with this past season of Biggest Loser - Helen, a 48 year old mother of three, won! She looked terrific - what a great role-model for me. I keep thinking, "Oh I'm getting older...it's OK if I'm a little heavy." But, it's not...I don't feel good...so, I'm getting back to exercising which I've also abandoned in the last couple of months.

If I can get my scanner to work, I'll post some of the drawings I've done in my college class. I love drawing and am looking forward to this experience.

I'm sending lots of love to the universe!

1 comment:

Genie Sea said...

Welcome back! :)

Happy Birthday! :)

I am so excited for your new path you're taking :)