Saturday, May 16, 2009

WW Saturdays


Saturdays are my weigh in day at Weight Watchers. Today I was a hefty 162.4, up from last week. I have been so inspired by Helen - Biggest Loser winner this season. She's about my age, married with two kids, and she looks phenomenal!

The Biggest Loser diet is a pyramid of 4-3-2-1 (four servings of fruits and veggies; three of lean protein; two of whole grains; and one "extra") paired with exercise. Well, I've dropped the exercise altogether due to the increase in stress. I'm trying to stick to eating actual food, as opposed to processed or refined foods. Mostly protein and veggies with no or very little carbs from refined carbs...like a high-protein diet, but with complex carbs. Why is this not working? Well, could be from the candy dish that is in a colleagues office...that whenever I'm stressed, I find myself there and grabbing a bunch of candy!!! This week she had tootsie rolls, which I love!!! Also, I only got to the gym once and did no exercise at home. So, was I surprised by the weight increase...no, not really! Mostly disappointed...in myself.

This week I promise I will not eat when I'm upset and I will stop snacking. For exercise, I will get to the gym at least twice and try to do either a pilates or yoga dvd. Plus I've got my drawing class for soothing my soul (I still have to figure out how to upload the artwork without a scanner).

No comments: