Friday, December 12, 2008

Cautious...some good news

Today my father was tested in the hyperbaric chamber and the test went well. Not great, not fantastic, not terrible, but well. Well enough to say that hyperbaric therapy might be helpful for my dad. That means, if Dr. D. is happy with the results of this test, he will determine the course of action and, I'm hoping, set into motion steps to resolve my father's current health situation...namely, determine how much will need to be amputated and when and how all that will occur.

I'm happy (cautiously, 'cause I don't want to be disappointed) because this bring bring resolution to his health and he won't have to wear the PICC line very much longer. Happy because for the next few weeks we don't have any doctor's appointments and can face Christmas on a positive note. It's been so busy these past few weeks with doctor's appointments, hospitals and sadness. I've been doing well for the most part, but the last month or so, I have been exercising less and eating more. I'm glad school is almost over and I'll have some time to rest. I'm going to try NOT to think about the new year, as it will be busy right from the start with my dad's appointments again.

No comments: