Friday, December 26, 2008

My five-a-day


Serena tagged me in a meme called “five-a-day” which was started to encourage mental well-being.

Here are my top five things to do every day (or, at least, several times a week) to stay mentally healthy:
  • exercise - since last November when I hired a personal trainer, I made the committment to somehow honour my physical self by exercising - whether it's a workout, yoga, or through belly dance, I try to do some physical exercise several times a week, if not everyday

  • read - it's seems strange to consider reading a luxury, but that's what it is to me. I spend my day reading work-related material, and when I get home I hardly have time to sit, so I try hard to read every night before I fall asleep - although, many times I fall asleep AS I read

  • pray - it's the only way I can get through life

  • eat healthily - self-explanatory - when I don't eat healthily my fibromyalgia flairs up as does the arthritis

  • laugh - along with prayer...I need to laugh, such a release

I tag:

  1. Genie Sea

  2. Caroline

  3. miss*R

  4. Claudia

  5. You!

3 comments:

Caroline said...

I just loved this meme! Prayer everyday keeps me sane :)

I actually did this one a couple of weeks ago...if you want, check it out here. http://thezeninyou.blogspot.com/2008/12/5-day.html

Hope you are enjoying the holidays!

Serena said...

A wonderful list, Lillian! Thanks for participating ~ :)

Genie Sea said...

Hugs! Thank you so much :)

Laughter is indeed key! :)

I too did the 5-a-day a while ago too. It does seem to do the rounds :) We are such a tightly knit community and I love it :)

My post is here