Monday, June 8, 2009

Few days to Ride to Conquer Cancer

It's only a few days away...The Ride to Conquer Cancer. I was hoping to ride this year, but the reality is I couldn't fund raise under the present circumstances. But, even still, I raised close to $2000.00. My daughter and I will be part of the Sweep Crew - this means we will be driving one of the vehicles that picks up riders who give us the thumbs down and are unable to complete any leg of the ride. Each team is responsible for decorating their vehicle...we've decided to use a pychedelic theme and call ourselves the CYCLEDELICS. At this point, God willing, I'm playing to ride next year and will start fund-raising this summer with a garage sale or two, and take it from there.

My dad has been fairly well for 6 days. His spirits are lifted. He's trying to eat and thinking of foods I can bring him that he has an appetite for. I am hopeful again, although it scares me to be. My wish is that he feels well enough to go back to the long-term care facility and maybe learn how to get around in a wheelchair. He was hoping to get a prothetic leg, but I'm not sure that is realistic. He has lost a lot of weight and I don't know whether he can get his strength back. His birthday is later this month and I would love to take him out of the hospital for a celebration. I'll keep my fingers crossed and continue praying.

2 comments:

Ashley Gibson said...

I hope you have fun in your rainbow car this weekend. Sounds like an amazing way to be a part of the ride.

Lots of love to your father on his road to recovery and much strength to you as well.

I think your weight loss wishes sound great. Keep those close!!

Serena Lewis said...

A wonderful cause and congratulations on the amount you raised...well done! I liked the name you chose for your team.

Continued prayers and well wishes for your Dad's recovery. Regardless of the outcome, feeling hopeful is always better than worry or despair. May your Dad be well enough to leave the hospital for a birthday celebration.

(((Hugs)))