Saturday, November 22, 2008

Day 18 (my day 5) - Being Present, Saying Yes to Life

I invite the pure light of the sun into my heart. May it shine from my heart to the world.

Today was about being in the present moment - and THAT I was! I had been taking days 4 and 5 of the Cognitive Coaching Foundation course through work. My father hadn't been well earlier in the week and on Wednesday, staying everpresent in the 'now', when I called my father I could tell immediately he was not well. I could not have been more present in the moment on this day that I ever have. Unsure about what would happen to him and knowing the decisions I will have to face as his only child.

I put my trust and faith in God, as I always do (some times more than other). Denise says in the level 3 section, "maybe you cannot change all the experiences you have today, but you can certainly choose your reaction to them." Rather than being emotion, I chose to be strong for my father and have been trying to think rationally and consider what options are best for him and for myself at this point.

I am blessed in my life for having had loving parents, for a having wonderful husband and really great kids. I am blessed for having had the opportunities of education, career, and the freedom to reflect on my life and change what didn't fit.

No comments: