Thursday, November 27, 2008

Day 26 (my day 13) - A Home for the Soul

I am at home, no matter where I am.

This week has been like coming home, in more ways than one.

Somehow, I feel Earth week is MY week. I am a tree-hugger. My husband and kids are tree huggers. My parents grew up in villages in the mountains of their country where nature was respected for it's power and glory. The focal point of our home renovation was the addition of a greenhouse-like front entry. Our foyer has nine sky lights and is flooded with light when the sun is out. At night, you can see the stars and the moon, and during a shower (or thunderstorm) you can hear the water hitting the glass. Our foyer is filled with plants that flourish under these conditions.

This week, also, I brought my father home from the hospital and arranged services to support him. Being in my childhood home makes me feel grounded. Though my current situation is difficult, I stay strong (or, at least, am trying to stay strong) through the grounding I have in my family and in my faith. My soul truly feels at home, no matter where I am.

Today, I plan to complete the circle by creating an alter at work so wherever I am, I have a place to land.

10 comments:

Genie Sea said...

How beautiful! How loving!

Your foyer sounds like a bit of heaven! Thank you for letting us visit :)

I wish you all the best in the care of your father, and wish him restored health. I know how difficult it can be, but from what I have read, I know you are strong. :)

Blessed be :)

Fatma said...

WOW. Your foyer sounds absolutely magical! I am so glad your soul has found belonging.

chest of drawers said...

Your home and your family sound lovely.

peppylady said...

When I read about the village in mountain it real got my attention and wonder where this place may be.
I live in a such of place.
But people here has a different look on tree huggers.
But more or I'm finding more and more people in my area is more in tune with mother earth.

I haven't done much with my home which does make me sad but I've came to the conclusion I'm not super being.

Coffee is on.

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Your home sounds a lovely place to be. :)

creativehealinggoddess said...

Wow your house sounds nice, and your post is very grounding...

Allison said...

Your foyer sounds...well, AMAZING. A connection to nature from the moment of entrance. Lovely :]

Jamie Ridler said...

How wonderful that you've created a home where nature is invited in through light, through sound. Delicious!

It's amazing how we find grounding in challenging times. I'm sending positive, healing vibes for you, for your father and for all of your family. May you all be surrounded by love and healing.

Serena said...

The altar at work sounds like a great idea, Lillian. I too wish you well with the care of your father.

Your foyer sounds so beautiful...like a sanctuary.

love, light and peace,
serena

Jamie Ridler said...

Hiya,
I saw your comment about 12 Secrets. Would you mind emailing me to confirm how you'd like to be listed and on which blog? Thanks so much!

hugs,
Jamie